You don’t need to be a Canadian citizen to be qualified as a resident of Canada. Anyone (age 18+) who lives in the Canadian territory for longer than 183 days during the tax year is considered a Canadian resident.
In addition to the number of days you spend in Canada, the CRA also takes into account your residential ties to Canada when it comes to determining your residential status.
- a home in Canada
- a spouse or common-law partner in Canada
- dependants in Canada
- personal property in Canada, such as a car or furniture
- social ties in Canada, such as memberships in Canadian recreational or religious organizations
- economic ties in Canada, such as Canadian bank accounts or credit cards
- a Canadian driver’s licence
- a Canadian passport
- health insurance with a Canadian province or territory
At Ke Wang, we don’t just process the numbers thrown at our desk, or desktop. Consistent with our aforementioned belief and motto, we insist on long-term plannings and strive to optimize the finance for each of our clients. Keeping ourselves in the loop about the CRA’s latest changes and updates, our reachable team of qualified staff examine every facet to customize a cogent strategy that aims to both minimize the risk of audits and maximize your returns.
Who Needs to File Personal Income Tax?
Income tax does not discriminate. Whether you are self-employed or a stay-at-home mom; whether you are at the age of retirement or have only embarked on a new career all residents of Canada are required to file their annual income taxes by the CRA.
Documents I Need To File Student Taxes
|Basic info||Social insurance Number and other personal info|
|Personal information||Full name, Date of birthday, Marital Status|
|Rent receipts or property taxes||1. rental address； 2. Monthly rent； 3 Rental period； 4. Landlord name 5.Signed Rental receipt|
|Other T bills||T3、T5， T4A|
|Student Tax Form|
Documents Required to File Personal Taxes
|Basic personal information||Social insurance number, full name, address, Date of Birthday and Maritual Status|
|T Bills||T4/T4A/T2200 and related expenses receipts|
|Rental income||Please click here to request list|
|Investment property sold||Please click here to request list|
|Investment, Interest, Dividend and other investment||T3、T5|
|Trading Summary||1. T5008, 2.Trading summary 3. Bank statement/Broker statement|
|Self-employment||Please click here to request list|
|Rental expenses or Property tax||Please click here to request a list|
|Foreign income||Please click here to request a list|
|Foreign Property||Please click here to request a list|
|Child Care Expense||daycare receipt|
|Medical expense||Medical receipts for 12 months|
|Landing taxes||Basic information plus last two years personal income|
Personal Taxes Service Fee
|iT sTARTS @35+HST (INCL.T4、T3、T5、T5008，excl. T4A、T2200 AND oTHER INCOME)|
|Other Type Income||Expense|
|Rental Income||First Rental Property $50.00+HST，Second and more rental properties +$35+HST/each; If the properties owned by two or more people, the another owner will be charged for $30+HST/each|
|Foreign Income||$50+ HST/p|
|Self employment||$100+HST per business if you need file HST for your business, then +$50.00+HST|
|Investment Properties Sold||$100+HST/property|
- If you have filed a tax return before, please submit to us the T1 General form from the previous year.
- All active and passive incomes, documented by such T-slips as T4/T4A, or T3/T5/T5008, need to be filed to the CRA; other incomes from stock trading, or any type of insurance, including EI, or any other pension plans such as OAS, must be included in your tax report with the corresponding T-slips; if you have bought RRSPs, kindly attach your contribution slips.
- If you have any real estate property, please provide us with the property tax you paid in the previous tax year.
- If you are a first time home buyer, please include the closing date and the address.
- If you have sold your primary residence property, please provide us with the address of the property, the year of purchase, years of residence, sale price and your ownership percentage.
- If you sold your investment property, please provide us with the address of the property, the year in which it was sold, price and cost of the purchase, and the FMV when the purpose of use was changed.
- If you rent your home, please submit to us the name of your landlord, your rental address, and the amount of your monthly rental.
- If you have paid tuition fees to any recognized institution in Canada, please include in your submission the T2202A issued to you by the institution.
- If you have incurred any student’s loan, please provide the receipts of the paid interests.
- childcare, if you have expenses on childcare
- professional memberships, if you have paid any fees associated with professional memberships
- donation, if you have made any contributions to recognized charities
- unreimbursed expenses incurred for work
- foreign properties. If you have held under your name any foreign property with a total value of more than CAD 100,000, please fill out T1135 form and contact us for more information.
- foreign salary incomes, documented by pay stubs with tax statements
- date of marriage or divorce
- the amount of alimony and/or child support paid or received
- separation or divorce agreement
- 3 digits of the (bank) institution
- 5 digits of the branch number
- your account number
- If you are a T-4 employee and have worked from home due to Covid-19, please provide us with the details of expenses with proof of evidence.
OK, I Have All The Documents. What Is Next?
You can send us the access code and share with us the files from your cloud storage; alternatively, you may drop them through our secured online portal.
Upon receiving all the documents listed above, our conscientious team of staff will work on your case and email you the draft of your tax report. We will contact you by phone or email to discuss with you the details if necessary.
Once an agreement is reached, our accountants will update all the changes if occured, and send you the report for final review. If you have no further questions, please finalize your filing by signing the signature page and return it to us at your earliest convenience.
We will issue the service invoice to you via email. Once we receive your payment and your signature, we will e-file your tax to the CRA and send you the receipt.