Employment Insurance (EI)
You may be entitled to Employment Insurance (EI) regular benefits if you:
- were employed in insurable employment
- lost your job through no fault of your own
- have been without work and without pay for at least seven consecutive days in the last 52 weeks
- have worked for the required number of insurable employment hours in the last 52 weeks, or since the start of your last EI claim, whichever is shorter
- are ready, willing and capable of working each day
- are actively looking for work (you must keep a time record of contact you have made to prospective employers)
Eligible applicants to EI sickness benefit must be unable to work due to medical reasons. With such proof of your condition as your medical records with the signature from your doctor, or hospital bills, you may apply to EI sickness benefits that entitles you to financial assistance of 55% of your earnings up to a maximum of $595 per week for 15 weeks.
Maternity benefits provides financial support of 55% of your earnings up to a maximum of $595 per week for 15 weeks.
Eligible applicants for maternity benefits must be unable to work due to pregnancy or childbirth. That is to say, only mothers are entitled to this benefit, which cannot be shared between parents. All eligible applicants for maternity benefits are also entitled to parental benefits.
Unlike maternity benefits only available to mothers who are going through pregnancy or have their works affected due to childbirth, parental benefits are applicable for both parents of a newborn or newly adopted child.
When you apply for parental benefits, you must choose from the following streams:
- Standard parental benefits
- Extended parental benefits
By choosing the standard benefit, you will receive financial assistance of 55% of your earnings up to a maximum of $595 per week for 15 weeks.
By choosing the extended parental benefit, you will receive financial assistance of 33% of your earnings up to a maximum of $ 357 per week for 69 weeks for one parent and 61 weeks for the other.
We help determine your eligibility for the benefit and take care of every aspect of the application. Book a consultation with us today and wait for the money to come to you!